E-Learning / Instructional Designer (Personal Leadership Development)
The ideal candidate in this role will have experience creating e-courses and assessment focused on developing workplace leadership skills through habits and progressive building blocks. This person will partner with Verb’s Director of Learning & Development to bring innovative curriculum design and learning strategies to Verb’s workplace training content. Learning subjects are focused on leadership development, strategic thinking and innovation geared towards millennials and generation Z'ers. Content consists of short habit forming activities, mid-length courses, and longer applied learning and mentorship experiences.
Verb offers online leadership development courses to companies to help them to develop and retain employees. Verb focuses specifically on first-time managers in the workplace. Verb’s talent development platform allows employees to engage in bite-sized, mobile-friendly, self-directed and interactive learning experiences that help them improve current skills and build new habits. The Verb experience will inspire purpose-driven leadership and leave employees feeling more fulfilled. Join us today!
- Develop and produce high quality, effective, and engaging content that helps employees build leadership skills.
- Author e-learning content with a mobile first mindset. All of our micro-learning content will be mobile friendly.
- Teach specific skills by breaking them down into micro-sized, measurable and habit forming content.
- Be a subject matter expert in regards to building workplace learning content.
- Identify and build skill learning frameworks that show progressive learning from activity to activity.
- Use a variety of instructional strategies based on content type and learner persona.
- Create accurate assessments and diagnostics for user evaluation.
- 5+ years of experience creating engaging and interactive learning content that supports learning objectives in the workplace
- Degrees or experience in industrial psychology, organizational behavior, instructional design, instructional writing and/or corporate learning and development
- Professional experience in applying instructional design methodology (ADDIE), particularly in e-learning
- Superior writing, editing, and organizational skills for e-learning materials
- Ability to adapt to shifting deadlines and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong intellectual curiosity
- Familiar with building online and offline content especially mobile optimized content
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Comfortable working in startup working conditions
- Capable of working independently toward shared goals
- Experience developing content for millennials and generation Z'ers a plus.
- Available to work onsite at Verb
- Solid research skills a plus
- Proficient with Google suite
Required Application Materials
- A resume is required in order to apply.
- A sample of learning and development content designed for online learning.
This is a hourly, part-time and contracted role with the opportunity for full time based on results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.