Full Stack Developer
What We do
Verb helps companies develop and retain talent through our purpose-driven employee engagement platform. We focus on developing leadership skills by providing employees with unique and personalized learning experiences that incorporate social impact. Employees are matched with social entrepreneurs and nonprofits in our global network to work together on guided curriculum that builds skills and delivers social impact.
What you'll do
What the heck is a full stack developer nowadays, anyway? We believe that it begins with delivering great product by learning, stumbling, and plowing forward with fearlessness. We understand the incremental value delivered in the improved effectiveness, productivity, and capability of emerging technology stacks. You should know the when and why of CDNs, Load Balancers, and databases. You should have experience with the empowering beauty of devops. And you should decide and articulate when to npm install or DIY. Code well and do good!
Desired skills and experience
- Experience working with NodeJS
- Experience working with a modern UI framework, preferable React or Ember.js
- Familiarity working with document store databases, preferable MongoDB
- Dev Ops automation in code. git, CI, containers, deployment, and all that bling
- Knowledge of contemporary software development methodologies and processes especially "agile"
- Proven diagnostic and analytical skills with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and self-motivation skills
- Must have a low bar for fist bumps, but never, ever gratuitously high-five; earn the high-five!
- Experience working with AWS (Cloudfront, API Gateway, ECS, EC2, and all that fun stuff!)
- Experience with a well-known relational database, preferably MySQL
- Experience with test and behavior driven development
- Experience working with Docker
- Competitive salaries
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Equity options
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous Maternity and Paternity Policies